Sunday, April 30, 2017

I'm a Teacher What's your superpower?

Mixed Media Blog Challenge  Teacher SuperPower
This was my first completed entry for the Mixed Media Monthly Challenge.
I am an educator and have been for almost 16 years. I work specifically with Special Education students so the whole apple thing was a kind of funny giggle. The ruler is ribbon I bought at Artistic Artifacts, my local  mixed media shop. I couldn't resist that play on traditional teacher fare either. I then sprayed it with Dylusions spray in Lemon Zest Yellow. I have been having lots of fun lately mixing and matching those sprays. After the ruler was dry I ran it through my Xyron machine to add adhesive to it. The stickers were part fo some old stash I found while cleaning recently. I also took up Zentangle a few years ago which was the motivation for the decorations inside the apple and on the worm. As a teacher I fee like I have one of the most important jobs in the world, that of educating our future leaders, doctors, nurses, entrepreneurs, artists, and even a few educators. What better superpower is there? 

 Challenge link

No comments:

Post a Comment